Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, January 01, 2007

Today Started with a Prayer

It's a new year. Glad to see 2006 finally behind us. Spent most of the year with my blood pressure out of control and started 2006 out by Mother having open heart surgery and my El Camino being stolen in the same week. Thank God for the friends that helped me through that time and the rest of the year!

Mother's surgery was a quad bypass and she's doing great! She drove down to stay 6 days with me over the holidays and spent a lot of time with grandkids and greatgrandchild. The woman is remarkable. Resilient is an understatement. I will spend today putting everything back in its usual place, lol.

The El Camino is gone forever. The police didn't even try to find it. They just don't care. Guess if I lived up next to the worst city in the USA I'd not be too concerned about some 27 year old vehicle owned by a "foreigner" from Saltillo. Memphis is horrible and it is dripping down into Mississippi. Willie Herenton, their mayor, needs the same treatment as Saddam. He has ruined what was once a beautiful, clean city.

Resolutions? Praying for more strength physically, mentally and emotionally. God help us all through a new year. With hope and endurance it should prove better than '06. Let us look forward with new found goals and not dwell on that which cannot be changed. Yes, yes! And I further resolve to stop eating potato chips and drinking whole Cokes. Even laid-in a store of 2 cases of Coke Zero. That's it! That's the ticket!

Here's an idea to help start the new year: Instead of whining about our President why don't you try praying for him? I pray for the democrats (even for the Hillarybeast to experience an impromptu exorcism) as well as Republicans almost daily. God knows they all need it.

Peace out!

"I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's."
-Henry Moore

No comments: