Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, July 28, 2006

Run the Spam Away

The spam problem was mentioned in conversation today. My spam problem has been reduced to less than 20 in the past 2 years. That's right 10 a year. I don't have to filter through all the sex organ related ads, buying a condo on a sea front beach in Kansas, or any of that garbage. Someone asked the other day about how to change something in Outlook Express and it took some research to find the answer since Outlook in any form is not necessary. Why? I use GMail. You first have to create a Google Account. Then you can enter the wonderful world of Google.

GMail is easy to install, easy to use, and secure. You create your username and that becomes your GMail identity. My home page is Google with a variety of add-ins. In the center of the page is Gmail and the latest messages received. Around that are various links and previews to news, weather, movies, etc. This is so convenient and let's me decide if I need to check mail now or do it later. You have 2gigs, yes that's right 2 GIGs, of storage so you never have to delete a message. Here's another nice thing about GMail. Of everyone I know that has switched to it, 100% endorse it. They are all amazed at how Google filters spam too.

Hope this helps.

“Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?”
-Monty Python

No comments: