Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Geek Lazy

It's raining. Not the torrential downpour we badly need, but small light showers that pop up every time I have touched the pushmower (3 so far). May be that mowing the rest of the yard will happen tomorrow after morning church services. The riding lawnmower must be repaired soon. So now I am inside working on my latest, greatest project of how to do an auto login with XP Home and keep the mapping of the W2K Server - server shared drives upon reboot. Woot! Well, there has been some Guild Wars and a stab at repairing the last laptop I'll ever permit on my bench.

In just a few minutes I can relax and have a refreshing beverage. My retail clients are all closed by 3:00pm on Saturday. Marinara sauce is on the low burn and will be ready in a few hours. Pasta is ready for cooking. The coffee was possibly the best ever this morning (thanks JK n Jay) and hunger pains have subsided. After the laptop from hell it will be time to restructure the network physically and incorporate a print server. Then it will be time to start the remote maintenance for my clients. Great geek weekend.

Nice to be here with my machines. Nice to have the Kudzu Dragons and others for adventure in the lands of Tyria and Cantha.

"The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency."
-Toth

No comments: