Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Serenity

I like science fiction. As a Cub Scout the Boy's Life magazine was part of my youth. Occasionally, they ran some sci-fi stories and I'd escape this solar system by reading such notable authors as Robert Heinlein, Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov. Well, that was a LONG time ago and my love of Sci-Fi has grown. I really like Joss Whedon's Firefly. This was a TV series that aired 11 episodes. There is a 12th episode that never aired in the U.S., but is included on the DVD. Reruns can be seen locally on Sci-Fi TV, Friday 6:00PM CDT. Great characters, great writing, great special effects. Now it's a movie titled Serenity (the name of the Firefly class spaceship the crew uses to travel the galaxy) on the Big Screen and getting good reviews.

Sitting here disgusted because it is NOT being shown in the new Tupelo Malco 10 theater I discovered that it is playing at the new Corinth Malco theater where the seats are plush, the popcorn fresh and Junior Mints are available in the candy section. Thanks goes out to BSIGrimReaper at TupeloForums for the Corinth Malco idea. There are some great posts at this site, some serious and some hilarious. So, a short road trip is in order. Hey, some of my best friends live around this area. Maybe, they'll want to go see it. Corinth has good restaurants too.

Take care out there while driving. The life you save may be my own.

"I had found a kind of serenity, a new maturity... I didn't feel better or stronger than anyone else but it seemed no longer important whether everyone loved me or not--more important now was for me to love them. Feeling that way turns your whole life around; living becomes the act of giving."
-Beverly Sills

No comments: