Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Time is on my side...in a convoluted way

Spybot Search & Destroy posted new downloads early this morning. Do the updates, remember to immunize, and then run a scan. There are new downloads at Ad-aware too. CoolWWWSearch is pounding this PC and my defenses are holding so far. Putting up with these creeps is wasting valuable time.

This morning while working high splicing a cable I received 6 phone calls in 9 minutes. Several years ago the cell phone was dropped in a similar situation and had to be replaced at my expense. It is good common sense not have it hanging off you while 40 feet in the air, especially if you have a fear of heights. 12 minutes later, after finishing the work, the call was returned. Line busy. 17 minutes later it went through. Since I hadn't responded quickly enough they called someone else. Not an emergency, something was making a noise. Can we say use your head and turn it off? Know what? It's not my concern anymore. If my responding in 23 minutes is not quick enough due to extenuating circumstances, don't call back. Sheesh! Most folks appreciate a response in 24 hours and are delighted when you can show up the same day. Interesting though, isn't it?

Now I must go eat lunch. Bet somebody calls.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
-John Quincy Adams

No comments: