Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, March 04, 2005

War of routers, I stand corrected

Does anyone have any experience with Netgear wireless routers (WGR614)? What gives? Did they take the Linksys wireless routers as example and decide to build just the opposite as far as friendly configuration? Linksys is straightforward, the instructions match the device, and they are easy to configure. Belkin also makes a straightforward wireless router as does DLink. Since I've seen Netgear in action and noticed the huge difference in range, three units have been purchased. Up almost all night, twisted it every way but loose and about damned disgusted. The addy is listed as one thing on the router label, then it's something different in the instructions. These may have to go back on the shelf and be replaced with Linksys units.

Just hope their techs speak English. I WILL talk to them. If I get some pidgin English jerk reading from a script, it will be return counter time. Sheesh!
Edit: Earlier today a post was made asking that the Netgear people forgive me for my impatience. It didn't make the trip up to the site so I am again saying -> my lack of sleep and frustration made for statements that are not correct. Netgear emailed me with solutions and the router situation is much better. Being human, it is necessary for me to apologize. I am sorry, Netgear rocks! Thanks Sam for the info and the stuff works! Please excuse my idiotic attitude.

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do."
Skinner, Burrhus Frederic

No comments: