Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring is in the air and my fat butt is on the floor

Lazy Sunday afternoons are hard to beat. First thing I did this morning after making coffee was peel an onion and leave it on the cutting board. Slowly but surely, step by step, inch by inch my kitchen and bathroom are being scrubbed. Good way to celebrate the spring equinox. Highly recommend the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges to do tough jobs. These things are awesome. They come in two packs. Don't let them kid you, they can be rinsed and used several times before discarding. Great on kitchen cabinets, floors, tubs, grills, and so forth. Beagle turned me on to them. Props to ya!

Weather just doesn't get much better than today. People are out walking their dogs; I can hear the kids that live behind me playing on a trampoline. Makes me smile. Okay, that onion that I put out earlier is now diced and mixed with garlic and chopped peppers. It's on the stove and needs attention. Ahhhh, pasta. Such a weakness. Later.

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch."
-James A. Beard

No comments: