Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, March 03, 2005

"Tech" help

"Allo, my name is Bahboo, how can I help you?"

"My Hewlett Packard Pavilion 2001 won't let me connect to the internet when it is plugged into a battery backup unit."

"For I am most sorry you are having this problem with your Dell, when and where did you make your purchase?"

"It's not a Dell, it's a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 2001. Have I reached the Dell service center by mistake?"

"Oh, no, no, no sahib. You are talking to the Hewlett Packard service center and I must say to you we are award winning. Now how can I help you with your Dell?"

"It's not a Dell, anyway, it just won't connect to the internet while plugged into the battery backup."

"Have you tried swapping the mouse and keyboard cables?"

"No, why would I do that?"

"I have no idea why you did that. Excuse me now, my elephant is double parked and I must go. Good luck with your Dell."

Ever had this experience? Chances are, you will.

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
Proverbs 25:11

No comments: