Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, June 21, 2004

Early morning observations

Spent a lot of time yesterday mowing the yard. In and out all day long. It was not humid and the temperature wasn't bad. Did go to Lowe's and buy air conditioning stuff and lusted over the tools, etc. Went by and talked to Ray at Circuit City about technology soon to come. Then last night I went to bed at 7:30pm. Wanted to watch a special on History Channel and upgrade the OS in one of my machines. Sorry folks, I really needed the rest. Every once in a while seems I get past going and yesterday was one of those days.

Hate I missed talking to both of my daughters on Father's Day. The Google thing was cute with Dad lounging in the hammock and the kids doing chores. Talked to my Mother yesterday. Nice conversation. Devoted some time to remembering my Dad. Gosh, he was a good dude! I miss him. Anyway, I'll talk to Beagle and Verdana later today God willing.

Friday, one of my buddies at a law office downtown made a killer chocolate cake and gave it to me. Thanks Ellen. My neighbor and friend Larry cooked fish Saturday night and brought over a plate of fillets, hushpuppies, fries and slaw. Ahhhhhh soooo good! Meal fit for a king. Thanks so much. Food is such a grand pleasure. Lisa and the Laundry Witch left a comment wishing a totally kewl Father's Day. Marti from Tennessee yahooed and we chatted.

So reassuring to experience good things in life when madness seems to multiply exponentially all around you. Helps me tolerate the evil, rude children that live at Walmart. LOL. Have a decent Monday!

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."
-John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994


No comments: