Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 12, 2011

Music Monday - Favorite Song by Favorite Singer

The Good Lord knows I've heard this song many times. And by different people. It was written many years ago (circa 1974) by a very famous songwriter named Jimmy Webb. Linda Ronstadt did it and so did Judy Collins. Then I heard it during a Celtic Woman broadcast.

Lisa Kelly sings like no other. So soulful, so beautiful, so moving. Earlier this year I had a chance to hear this classic ballad performed live by Lisa and there was not a dry eye in the house as the crowd thundered applause afterwards. The words are haunting, the melody mystical, and her voice must be admired by angels.

This thrills my soul all the way down to the depths of my heart.




"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
~Emerson

3 comments:

beagle said...

Beautiful choice!

I meant to say this earlier - Welcome back! :)

Casey Dixon said...

I think you have just introduced me to an amazingly talented singer whom I had never heard of before this. Thank you so much.

Dock said...

Their DVDs are awesome, but seeing them live is a treasure of sight, sound and emotion. Lisa Kelly is my favorite, but all members of Celtic Woman are extraordinary. Glad you like this post!