Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's Dark Thirty and LAN Party is Here!

Procrastination. That's why I am up at 3:30AM rushing around like a chicken sans head. Coffee is brewing and my eyelids are propped open. There's a million things to be done and I must get jiggy with it. Thank goodness I've been busy though, with both clients and the LAN Party. This should be a nice day. It will be hot though. So if attending be sure and dress in the casual mode.

This weekend please take a few minutes to remember those patriots that have fallen in battle for our freedom. The quotes this week have pertained to this holiday that memorializes those great Americans that sacrificed their lives so that we all can continue to live in the home of the brave and land of the free. It won't hurt to say a prayer for our troops overseas too.

Have a great extended weekend and please drive carefully. The life you save might be my own.

"I have never been able to think of the day as one of mourning; I have never quite been able to feel that half-masted flags were appropriate on Decoration Day. I have rather felt that the flag should be at the peak, because those whose dying we commemorate rejoiced in seeing it where their valor placed it. We honor them in a joyous, thankful, triumphant commemoration of what they did."
-Benjamin Harrison

No comments: