Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, August 29, 2005

Catergory 5 or 4? Katrina, not cable

No wind yet. And it's not raining. That will change drastically before the day is over. Most of the regular readers know that my oldest daughter and her husband reside in Baton Rouge, LA. Talked to her at 11:00pm last night and they are staying due to his duties as a physician. Fortunately, he will be able to return home during the most intense hours. It's my guess he will start making rounds at the hospital in another hour. They have filled the tubs and 'battened down the hatches,' LOL. She went to the grocer late last week and their stock of emergency supplies has been replenished.

The track of Katrina is still on course for a collision with New Orleans. The Weather Channel Geeks are predicting severe power outages and extremely high water levels. Our friends there have evacuated as have those on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Baton Rouge is over an hour away from New Orleans and it seems most residents there are staying. Yes, I am worried. This day will center around an important phone call from crawdad country. Have I mentioned lately how much I love both of my awesome daughters?

"I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world"

-John Mayer, Daughters (for complete lyrics try lyricsdepot)

No comments: