Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, June 17, 2005

I gotta get rid of this "rash"

Yesterday's post created bruhaha, some internally. I still think we are much better off with a Bill Gates Microsoft world of computing than a Darth Jobs Apple computing scenario. My personal attitude finds me frustrated with the ability to upload to a website - not general web surfing. So, for me to take swipes like in the last post is not really justified without further explanation. BTW in the same mode, did anyone see Clinton on Letterman last night? Bet some of those Democrats are pissed that he is supporting the "W" to the extent he talked about on Dave's show. K, back to the subject at hand. Windows is my workplace. 99% of the machines in this arena are using Microsoft software. Hell, I even have some 98 networks out there.

It's easy to get disgusted with anyone's normal work day being upset by the constant hammering of spyware assholes. They are rampant in Microsoft and are now cursing alternate browsers as well. The Good Lord knows these agents of Satan are ready to pounce on any opensource operating systems; the kernel is there in the open for their pleasure. My judgement may have been too harsh. Hey, human here, mistakes are made. My like of Windows 2000 still stands, but we must all get ready for the next incarnation of Windows. Windows is the planet's OS. Just that simple. It'd be nice to have cooperation between the different venues, but that's almost impossible. Look into what you are using. If Windows really gets your dander up try another flavor of operating system. Nothing is perfect.

Tired now, going to bed.

"I'm in a period of growth and expansion. I'm taking long, hard looks at the world and what's happening in it, analyzing and thinking. I'm trying to become acquainted with the universe -- with the part of it I occupy -- and trying to settle, for myself, what my relationship with it is."
-Gene Roddenberry

No comments: