Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Restraining order ? How about restraining with a cybernoose?

Finally the FTC has made a move against spyware. In order to stop Stanford Wallace and companies from spamming the innocent public a temporary restraining order has been issued. Read more about this sleazy jerk at ABC7news. Here is another idea. Let's make it permanent and let Richard Branson use Wallace and his buffoons as crash test dummies for Virgin Galactica.

Remember the days when you surfed the net and found all this wonderful information right at your finger tips just by clicking a few buttons, hearing some weird noises, and signing on to the world wide web? Recall that first time you heard about internet virus infection and wondered what fiend would do such a thing? Ever chat for hours on IRC or ICQ (when it didn't belong to AOL)? Been there and done all of 'em.

For the past day or so most Cybersouth email has been about protection tools; what to use, how to install properly, frequency of update and that sort of thing. After thinking about this I have something possibly we should ponder - HACKERS, UNITE! Spamford Wallace owns two companies named in the restraining order - SmartBot.net Inc. of Richboro, Pa., and Seismic Entertainment Productions Inc. of Rochester. What was it Nathan Bedford Forrest used to say? "Attack! No quarter!"

It's now time for my high blood pressure medication.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
-Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

No comments: