Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Philo Taylor Farnsworth, what have ye done?

Sitting this evening enjoying the fact that the great multicolored eye dominating my living area has lulled me into a dream filled sleep during a gentle downpour, I was suddenly scared sh--less by a loud screaming siren. My first thought was that a fire truck had hydroplaned and run into the house. Nope, just the TV weather alert telling me that it was raining OVER 40 miles away. Anymore, if it clouds up they interrupt every few minutes.

It insults me for them to presume I am so stupid that I can't look out the window and see the condition of the weather. Besides, there's a Saltillo weather link on this page. It may be time to take control of my life and do away with this annoying bother. Sheesh! Thought TV was for entertainment and information not annoyances. After all the breaks in TV programming I'll spend the week wondering if Andy is still mad at Barney and did Spock manage to save Captain Kirk and the crew.

There's a storm shelter on this property and I've never been in it during a storm. Don't get me wrong, I'll use it if needed, but that'll consist of a mad dash from the computer room after seeing danger is likely on Intellicast. The rain stopped 20 minutes ago and I still hear the weather alert dude talking about storms in Louisiana or Texas or Mexico or Peru. He seems to think these places exist in my backyard. Don't they teach geography in schools? Think a good book and the "calm" after the storm are in order. And maybe a prayer for patience and tolerance...

"Check out Farnovision to learn more about the history of the boob tube."
-The ghost of Milton Berle

No comments: