Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Poor, pitiful MPAA and a real patch for Internet Explorer

Cmdr Taco over at Slashdot posted an article concerning the 'poor' members of the MPAA having to suffer through a record breaking June, 2004, box office of over 1 billion dollars! That's only a 14% increase over the reported box office of June, 2003. Read more about it at BBC News. The Motion Picture Association of America is one of the more recent converts to the dark lords over at the RIAA. Have I mentioned that there is a rumor going around the web that there is a picture of Hitler on the wall in the board room of these music mafiosos?

Microsoft finally patched the Internet Explorer problem. Have you checked Windows Updates? Seems there is still some problem even though they finally issued this long awaited "fix" to protect your personal confuser from hackers. Please read the article at PCWorld. After several weeks use it looks like Mozilla and Firefox will remain at the Beach House. I will keep up with all the IE shenanigans for my diehard clients though.

Must go do laundry, ironing, and shower. Peace out my fellow nerdlings.

"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." -Erma Bombeck
NOTE: for info about free Linux and XP Autopatcher, please see today's post at Southernphried

No comments: